Sunday, April 10, 2016

I've been linked!

To the wonderful new blog, Hot Gas, which is also now on my blogroll. If you go there and check, you'll see I'm on *their* blogroll, right near the top! So now I have to pick up the pace of blogging, so as not to waste my new high-profile status.

Hot Gas started when Hot Air instituted wide-sweeping changes, which result in a mass exodus of a large percentage of their most fervent posters. Constantine (love the name, and I hope he starts posting about Byzantine history, because that will be the way to get Dean interested) started up Hot Gas as a place for the orphaned posters to reform.

I never went to Hot Air in the past; the first I heard of this new site was when subotaibahadur of Belmont Club posted there, and his posting showed up on my Disqus feed. I figured if it was good enough for him, it was good enough for me, so I went over there and have been there ever since. This coincided with Ace of Spades turning ferociously anti-Trump, so the removal of his bookmark from this little page coincided with the arrival of the other.

HG is very pro-Trump. Although I'm Canadian, and have no vote to bestow, I find myself most at home among the Trump supporters, and found the relentless mocking and denigration of them elsewhere to be very off-putting. I don't post that much myself regarding Trump, because I'll always be an outsider when it comes to American politics. But the trends in the U.S. are appearing everywhere, and the bigger issue, of who is to rule and what does it mean to be a citizen, are of interest to everyone, even us up here in the Great White North.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Congrats! And thanks for the link, I'll check it out! I am just floored by the extremity displayed against Mr Trump by people and groups that should recognize him as meeting all the requirements they have (supposedly) been working for all this time. :-( Even rational supporters of other candidates have become suspicious of the level of bizarre hatred being released against him and his supporters.

On the plus side, I'm glad to see the masks coming off. Whatever happens in the election, we will have this as a definitive point for future evaluation of any political writer or organization.

Tina

9:00 am  
Blogger Tina said...

Well, shoot, they use Disqus. I stopped posting on Disqus sites several years ago. I don't "hide" online at all, but their aggregation/non-privacy features and repeated security issues are a concern.

If you don't mind my asking: What do you think? Are you comfortable with Disqus? Does their new "private profile" work well (and do other commenters accept people with private profiles)?

Tina

11:49 am  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

I have had no problems with Disqus. I haven't noticed any security problems, and I do like their daily digests of postings of individuals whose views interest me. So many of the sites I go to use Disqus now, it's probably the majority, and often the reason people say they prefer it is because they don't feel safe from SJW attacks if they use Facebook.

3:12 pm  
Blogger Tina said...

Thank you. Yes, most of the sites I read have switched over to Disqus (which makes sense, from a site management PoV). Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

7:24 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home