Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Leaf Thief

Wednesday's garbage day here, and last night when I went for a walk around the neighbourhood I noticed a lot of leaf bags out for collection. I had only 7 bags of shredded leaves in the shed from raking our yard - not nearly enough to mulch the potatoes we want to grow next year. So when I got home I got out the car and... drove around STEALING bags of dead leaves. I made 3 trips, and got 22 bags. If I'd still had the van, I could have done it in 2 trips, but the Fit has a lot of cargo room for such a small car, and I was able to get 5 and even 6 big bags inside.

Dean was shocked when I told him what I'd done, but it turned out he thought I'd gone around and RAKED the neighbours' yards to get these leaves. No, no, I said, I don't have time to do that sort of work! I just sneaked around after dark and stole the leaves they'd already raked!

Now it's going to rain tonight and tomorrow, so I spent the entire afternoon shredding the leaves and stuffing the bags into the shed. I rejected one bag because it had a lot of sticks and cedar trimmings in it - I'll put it out in the trash next week - but the rest were all fine, mostly maple leaves. Anway, now I can relax over next year's garden, even if I had to become the Leaf Thief to do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home