Friday, May 03, 2013

Spring Fever

Literally.  James came down with some kind of 24-hour flu bug last night.  Starting at 8:00 PM, he vomited at one-hour intervals until about 6:30 this morning.  Dean and I were shattered this morning - we must have gotten about 3 hours' sleep altogether.  Pretty near every towel in the house was soiled, along with sheets, blankets, pillows and me.

I got up with him around 4:50 this morning, because I could tell there was little chance of him actually being able to stay in bed.  I figured I might as well do some laundry, because the weather outside is beautiful this week and it's a perfect opportunity to dry towels on the clothesline.  I think he vomited once or twice more - and he doesn't bother waiting until he gets to the toilet either, by the way.  It was all over the floor, the bed, anywhere he happened to standing or lying.

He finally conked out at about 7:30, and slept nearly all day.  I think he's over the worst of it, and hope he'll be OK tomorrow.

Of course, he couldn't go to school, so that meant I couldn't do my WAVE program composting today.  I'd warned them before I started that James was always the weak link in the plan; if he has to stay home, then so do I, because Emma can't possibly look after him for a whole day.  But I took Thomas out for his day program - better to have him out of the house, and hopefully he and the rest of us won't catch this bug. UPDATE: Thomas came down with the flu Saturday morning, and I got it Saturday evening. Feeling OK now, though my muscles are sore. Don't know if it's because of the flu or because I rototilled the garden during the day. This flu sneaks up on you with no warning - I was working in the garden in the afternoon, feeling fine, then it knocked me off my feet at 5:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home