Thursday, March 15, 2012

Havin' a Heat Waaaaaave

Not quite a TROPICAL heat wave - yet - but the weather during this Spring Break is unbelievably warm for March. Since the weekend, more than half the back yard has become clear of snow. Just one week ago, we had about 4" of snow fall; today they're predicting thunderstorms for the evening. And Sunday is supposed to be 20 degrees! This weather would be good one month from now, but in March...! No sign of the rhubarb yet, but I've bet Dean that the first pink shoots will be poking up by the end of the weekend. The ice on the river all went out on Tuesday night. I'm glad I ordered my seed potatoes to come 2 weeks early this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne B. said...

Here in Chicago it was in the 80s today (Fahrenheit). I don't mind spring a little early but please, I'm NOT ready for July already.

10:00 pm  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Although Spring won't start for another week, it showed Monday, here. The first year we lived in England, it snowed on Easter Monday.
I really dread hot weather (to my way of thinking - anything over 70℉).
I always thought that if I ever won the lottery, I'd live in the Northern hemisphere Sept - May, and the other months, in the Southern. I'd never be hot again.

10:13 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home