Saturday, January 07, 2012

.WAV of the Future

I have seen the light. The True Faith has finally been revealed:
Sweden has formally recognized the Church of Kopimism whose central tenet is the right to file-share.

The church claims that "kopyacting" - sharing information through copying - is akin to a religious service.

The church holds CTRL+C and CTRL+V (shortcuts for copy and paste) as sacred symbols.

It was founded by 19-year-old philosophy student and leader Isak Gerson. He hopes that file-sharing will now be given religious protection.

So I have decided to convert, from .RCC to .KOP. We even have a place of worship all ready to go:


I'll meet you there tomorrow, wearing my very best go-to-matinee hat!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

My first reaction too. But I'm kind of musing on it now. Thinking about the monks in scriptoriums transcribing scripture and writing books, and before them the keepers of the Torah...

I know this file sharing religion is a gimmick, but at its core, perhaps file sharing... printing... handwriting for copies... are holy actions, tools given by God to spread His Word.

7:29 am  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

Well, I don't do filesharing for mere entertainment, though of course that enters into it. Filesharing is the way I get the obscure French films I then translate and create subtitles for. I'm not paid in anything but the ability to download more movies in order to create more subtitles. But I feel it's my gift to the world - now people who don't know French can watch a movie that would have been closed to them before, and the movie is rescued a little from obscurity by widening the field of people who know and care about it. I'd stack that little service against a lot of what passes for religion in the ACC and TEC.

6:47 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home