Monday, December 26, 2011

A nice Christmas

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Ours was very nice, though it started a bit early, at around 6:30 AM when James leaped from bed and headed down the hall.

Actually, I'd woken up at 2:30 and couldn't sleep, so I sneaked downstairs at 3:00 to put the presents under the tree. Just as I finished, I looked out the window and saw that it had started snowing! It went on snowing most of Christmas Day, so against all the odds, we had a white Christmas this year.

The kids are getting older and more capable of waiting, so we were able to make the present-opening last about half an hour. I remember years when we were up before 6:00, and it was all over in about 5 minutes! And that usually involved Thomas opening EVERYONE'S presents for them.

Dean got me a new food processor, AND a blender! I'd asked for a blender because I'd needed a new one for several months, since James threw the glass pitcher out on the bricks in the back yard and smashed it. I'd specified that the pitcher would have to be metal or plastic, and both machines are nice, unbreakable plastic. I know it's not glamorous-sounding, but when you cook as much as I do you NEED some of these machines, and there are several things I just haven't made because I didn't have the equipment.

I gave him an electric blanket, because he'd grown very fond of an old one I'd picked up at an auction this summer. It was unused, in its original plastic, but I think it was at least 20 years old, and the wiring seemed a bit dodgy to me. One night, I think it caused the circuit breaker in our room to trip, so at that point I threw out the cord - I just don't like taking chances with electrical stuff. The new one is very soft and up-to-date.

For Emma, I got her the complete Twilight Zone dvd set. She's been asking for it for years, and I'm happy to see her taking an interest in live action drama instead of anime and cartoons. Besides, the Twilight Zone is classic; I may end up borrowing it to watch myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home