Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New air conditioner!

Ahhhhh...we have a new air conditioner! It's a Lennox, and it's absolutely marvellous!

The old one turned out to be even older than we'd thought - the guy from the furnace company said he figured it was 25 years old. That's almost as old as the house itself! I'm guessing it was installed when the basement was finished, and the house never had another one until now. There's a unit of measurement that compares the cooling produced by the amount of electricity used; I think the new one is 12 or so, and the higher the number, the better. The old one was 3, which means it used a LOT of energy for the amount of cooling it produced. Also it was terribly loud - just like a cement mixer when you were standing outside next to it. This new one is so quiet, I have to put my head around the corner and see the blades actually turning to be sure it's going.

We got it just in time, too - it looks like we're going to have one short heat wave after another for the rest of the month. Now we're sleeping well at night, we're not dragging around tired and cranky all the time, and life is great again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Dell Ledermann said...

Having a new air conditioner is one of the best feelings in the world! It can cool a single room in just few minutes. Hehe. Congratulations on your new air conditioner! Make the most out of it. =)

12:05 pm  
Blogger Alyssa said...

It’s been a year and I can still feel your cheerfulness upon having that new air con. Well, I know the feeling. I was also so excited and thrilled when my dad surprised us with a newly installed air con. It feels so good, especially when you know you’re going to feel cool and relaxed every day. I hope your air conditioner is still functioning well. Ciao!

Alyssa Flynn

4:59 pm  
Anonymous Launce Newlove said...

I can practically feel the relief and joy in every word in your post, hahaha! I can totally relate though. I had a very old AC unit installed in my house as well, so you can imagine how happy I was to finally be able to replace it with a more modern unit. My new AC is quieter and colder, and uses a lot less energy than the old one did too. It cost quite a bit, but I’m doing all I can to make sure that it lasts as long as possible, so that it’ll be worth every penny.

9:48 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home