Monday, February 15, 2010

Woe is me

Disaster last week: James flushed my green iPod nano down the toilet. I didn't actually SEE him do it, of course, but I left it in the charger, intending to take it out and put it away before supper, then I just forgot and when I went back upstairs it was gone. I immediately suspected James of doing something funny, so I called him over and said, "Where's green music?" After repeating it a few times, he led me to the bathroom, stopped and pointed at the toilet, and then laughed. I knew that was it. And I was quite sure when the toilet clogged a day later.

Why does he do these things? Why? I especially bought the iPod so I could load it with videos to entertain him in the bus on the way to school! Actually, that's probably the clue right there. There's often a weird logic to James's actions; he probably associated the iPod with going to school, ergo, if there's no iPod, maybe Mom won't be able to send me to school!

So I lost the cost of the iPod, plus we had to pay for the plumber to come and unclog the toilet (we told him what had happened, but assured him we didn't need him to retrive the iPod!). It was an 16gb one, too. Now I know better; never bother getting a large capacity mp3 player, because it will be lost or destroyed long before I can ever fill it up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teresita said...

There's often a weird logic to James's actions; he probably associated the iPod with going to school, ergo, if there's no iPod, maybe Mom won't be able to send me to school!

I tried to get out of going to school once too, by claiming I had a fever. Mom put a thermometer in my mouth, and when she looked away for a few minutes, I put it next to the wall heater. By the time she came back, it was back in my mouth. She took it out and read it: 110 F! I still had to go to school.

3:50 pm  
Blogger AWriter said...

This sounds like a 'Braxton's Lear' entry...

9:52 pm  
Anonymous Jewel said...

I love my mp3 player...a 16 gig sony walkman....and I know how I'd feel if one of mine did that...oooooh. It is good that you showed restraint and logic. I think I would have seriously had a meltdown.

4:36 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home