Thursday, September 03, 2009

Harry Potter in 30 seconds (performed by bunnies)

I guess it's no secret that I'm a former Harry Potter fan. I was completely engrossed in the first 4 books, but Order of the Phoenix curdled my enthusiasm, and I never could get it back. As far as I'm concerned, the series ended with the Goblet of Fire; Rowling exhausted her originality with the first 4 books, and the remaining 3 books were pretty much a rehash, in ever-increasingly portentous tones. As for the movies, I loved the first one, found the second one sort of blah, and never bothered with the others. My lack of interest is tied to the books, I think; I believe the Prisoner of Azkaban movie came out the same year as the Order of the Phoenix book, so my rejection of the book spilled over onto the movies. I've never seen movies 4, 5, or 6.

Well, Emma alerted me to the fact that the Bunnies have produced 2 30-second reenactments of the Harry Potter movies numbers 1 to 5. I like the approach they've taken here. Instead of portraying each movie chronologically, they realized that each movie tells pretty much the same story, with just a few props switched around for variety. So they've done it as one story, with the different details sort of stacked on top of each other. Since the kids ALWAYS end up screaming as they're menaced by some monster, they just show them all one after the other: the three-headed dog, the spiders, the Whomping Willow, the werewolf and I've forgotten what comes next. Same thing goes for all of Voldemort's "returns": "I'm back!" "Voldemort's back!" "He IS back!"

Anyway, here is a quick summary for anyone who's forgotten the movies over the past few years:



For more Bunnies Theatre, go here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been a while since I visited there. Thanks, I spent a very enjoyable afternoon catching up.

12:56 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home