Thursday, April 23, 2009

Musical interlude

Makes as much sense as a Kevin Thew Forrester sermon - perhaps they can play this on big screens during his consecration.

I have to be honest, I was a little too young to remember any of this when it actually happened. I was 10 years old and living in Vancouver - the closest we came to Woodstock was a sort of hippy squat at the entrance to Stanley Park. The city put up a plywood fence to screen the squalid sight from motorists, but if you rode on a bus you were high enough to look in. All I remember is a blur of gaudy paint and my mother's ever-reliable "Tsk-tsk" as we rode by.

I'm sure I've heard "straight" versions of this song, but the weird thing is, when listening to it and reading the hilarious subtitles, I honestly can't think of what the words ought to be. This just fits it so perfectly, what with the jumbled theology and disconnected stream-of-consciousness images.

(hat tip: Ace of Spades)

2 Comments:

Blogger The Bovina Bloviator said...

You might also like this hymn favorite.

11:56 pm  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

Exquisite. I've always heard that a lot of people attend the Anglican Church just for the music, and now I see why!

9:13 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home