Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How much is your life worth?

Nothing, according to Mr. Joe Hart, a passenger on the US Airways flight that miraculously landed in the Hudson River on Jan. 15 without loss of life. His life was saved, but he doesn't feel he owes anybody anything for that. Instead, he's considering suing US Air for his bloody nose, his bruises and for"feeling tense" on the SIX flights he's been alive to take since the accidents.
In addition to recovering losses, Hart says he's concerned about having trouble flying. He's flown on six planes since the accident, and each flight has gotten "progressively more difficult."

He says he was tense, sweated and "felt every bit of turbulence" on a Los Angeles-to-Philadelphia flight last week, though it wasn't that turbulent a flight.

Hart says he has talked to a lawyer in North Carolina but hasn't decided whether to take any legal action.

"I want to see how things play out with US Airways," he says. "I'm hopeful US Airways understands the significance of the incident."

Kreindler & Kreindler, a New York law firm that has represented plaintiffs in crashes, says it has been contacted by several passengers on the US Airways flight.
As Horace Greeley said, "The darkest day of any man's life is when he sits down to plan how to get money without earning it. "

4 Comments:

Blogger Priscilla said...

This is an American take on the Canadian political situation. I thought you might like to read it.
http://the-brickyard.blogspot.com/2009/01/smartest-politician-in-world.html

10:36 pm  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

Very interesting! Some people even think that Harper deliberately engineered the opposition into trying the coalition gambit, as a sort of political ju-jitsu, in order to leave them weaker than before. I don't go that far, but I think he was very canny and quick-thinking to know that the coalition was basically a bubble, which would collapse if deprived of the oxygen of hysteria through enforced inactivity.

8:36 am  
Blogger Eowyn said...

Clearly, the airline either deliberately or negligently put our litigating passenger into a "tense mental state" during the emergency landing. He, along with anyone being conveyed by others in moving vehicles should expect no risk whatsoever in their mode of travel.

//sarcasm off

Oh, comma, brother.

My dear doctor, I found your blog via Blazing Cat Fur, and I'm very glad to make your acquaintance. I find your posts diverse and enjoyable, and look forward to reading you regularly (well, as regularly as I can manage!).

And, of course, I will link to this item, with as much acidity as I can muster, as befits the situation.

8:19 pm  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

I'm delighted to meet you too, Eowyn, and will head over to your blog as soon as I may!

I'm beginning to think that these perpetual plaintiffs aspire to the condition of Mrs. Bennet in Pride and Prejudice:

If it was not for the entail, I should not mind it."

"What should not you mind?"

"I should not mind anything at all."

"Let us be thankful that you are preserved from a state of such insensibility."

12:10 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home