Saturday, October 25, 2008

Canadian car chase

David Warren has no patience with theories about "man-made" global warming; he says that temperature fluctuations on Earth are connected to solar activity, and this year there's almost no magnetic activity on the Sun so it's going to be a deep freeze. After the 5' deep snowfalls of last year, I don't know if I can stand to go through this again; maybe it'll be cold and dry, though that's not all that much better.

But we can at least laugh as long as possible at the coming blizzard, and this Midas Muffler commercial is a good place to start. I don't know if it's being shown in the U.S., but I see it often during hockey games up here:
And speaking of hockey, we were watching the Ottawa-Toronto hockey game tonight (in Punjabi). It was only the first period, and Toronto was already up 1-0 when we tuned in. A moment later, and it was 2-0, much to my disgust. Then less than 2 minutes later Ottawa unexpectedly scored. "Ottawa got a goal!" I exclaimed. "Did Toronto suddenly pull their goalie?' asked Dean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home