Monday, May 26, 2008

Reliving my past, through the miracle of YouTube

I can't believe I found this commercial:I saw it ONCE back in the '80s. Every year, the local arthouse/repertory movie theatre would show the annual Advertising Festival - prize-winning commercials from around the world. Dean and I would always go. I never forgot this one, though I didn't realize it was from New Zealand. What with Vietnam such a recent memory, I thought it was American. The look on that kid's face as the song progresses is just unforgettable, and I could still sing most of the lyrics, even after one viewing.

And for Duncan Regehr fans, someone actually posted an entire episode of 'Wizards and Warriors':
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

I have to say, it's even loopier than I remembered, though I don't remember this particular episode. Much overacting, silly sets and ridiculous writing, but it does have Duncan in a black leather fetish outfit, so what can I say? This is for serious fans only.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GAAAHHH! It's the Leather Tank Top ep! The only one I never managed to see! Thankyouthankyouthankyou. . .

Ellie M.

10:11 pm  
Anonymous Antique said...

Julia Duffy was my reason for watching. Charm, beauty, conceit, loads of money and an IQ in the double digits. What more can a man want?

I don't remember the episode but there was one where she was confiding in Mother, worried that the evil prince would capture her and ravish her.

As she goes on and on about the atrocities he'll likely do to her, and as she describes his strong physique and hungry stare, she suddenly stops mid-sentence.

Fanning herself, she says "Whew! Is it getting hot in here?"

One of the most cheesey, funny series ever on the boobtube. Mindless entertainment at its best! I couldn't possibly sit through another episode but I did enjoy it while it was prime time.

11:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL -- I remember that line, Antique! But as I recall, BOTH women were fanning themselves!

Cheesy this show certainly was, though intentionally so -- and occasionally downright hilarious. It's a hoot to revisit it.

Ellie M.

9:22 am  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

The one I really remember is where Dirk and Erik have to make their way through some haunted mountain, chained together at the wrist, so they have to figure out how to cooperate while hating each other's guts. Of course, Dirk can't resist trying to do Erik in every chance he gets. Near the end,they've come unchained, Erik is unconscious after falling from a cliff, and Dirk abandons him to make a dash for safety over a river, carefully removing the bridge as he crosses, so Eric can't follow him. ONly to find that it takes TWO men to push aside the rock blocking the exit. He laboriously plods back over the river to the foot of the cliff, and solicitously revives Eric, who expresses surprise that he didn't just leave him there. "What kind of man do you think I am?" he asks, with what could almost be genuine hurt feelings.

Julia Duffy was good; better than I remembered her, in fact. I only watched the show for Duncan Regehr, but she was really very funny too.

9:23 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home