Saturday, April 12, 2008

Say it in pictures

Chris Johnson at MCJ has set up the Warman Store, with a number of pro-freedom of speech items for sale. Proceeds to go to Kathy Shaidle's legal fund. I ordered the yellow t-shirt for myself:
I think Warman lives here in Ottawa, so he might possibly see me wearing it around town one day. Especially as we all know by now that YELLOW is the colour most easily spotted by the human eye, thanks to a local optometrist and hockey fan. But I digress...

Blazing Cat Fur had a great graphic on her own site, which sums up perfectly how I feel about Canada pissing away its freedoms:


Reminds me of a particular scene from "The Monster Squad". I've heard it's going to be printed on a t-shirt soon. When they come out, I'm getting 3.

And since we're on the subject of t-shirts, I'll add one more that's not related to this Warman mess. My friend Nanette, who made the Angry Bee icon at the top, subscribes to a T-shirt shop called Threadless in Chicago, and she sent some pictures of the funny T-shirts they've come up with. The one I really liked was this one, the Loch Ness Imposter:


Every time I look at it, it reminds me of Mrs. Schori. I just visualize a little black oven mitt on that puppet's head.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Every time I look at it, it reminds me of Mrs. Schori. I just visualize a little black oven mitt on that puppet's head."

ROTFL. Though the squid does look almost as though it's wearing a mitre, and the marine biology connection . . . no!! Must-not-imagine-cartoon-of-Schori-as-squid . . . !

Ellie M.

7:38 pm  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

Actually, if she has any friends (or sense of humour), this T-shirt would be a fun present for someone to give her.

7:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr Mab, probably the first is true but I'm not betting on the second.

Ellie M.

10:16 am  
Blogger Blazing Cat Fur said...

Tanks is now a tshirt see freemarksteyn.com fer details.

10:19 am  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

Ooh, tanks (er, I mean "thanks")! I'm head right over.

7:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a little present for you over at Stand Firm.
Jackie

8:02 pm  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

Jackie: Masterfully done! Bravo!!

9:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Mabuse - any chance you could contact me through the Stand Firm email?
Thanks,
Jackie

4:51 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home