Saturday, February 16, 2008

How much longer?


I don't know about anyone else, but I feel just like the little man with the shovel in this picture - CRUSHED by the weight of snow we've received this year! This is the snowiest winter in Ottawa since 1971. Every day we wake up and it's another 5" outside. That isn't much if it happens once or twice, but over and over again, and it wears you down.

The kids are getting sick of it, too. Staying indoors, they amuse themselves printing pictures off the computer. In fact, they've wasted so much ink, I've resolved not to buy any more until next month! James and I have reached a deal; "Bathroom, and THEN ink". Of course, he probably thinks that the bathroom will be fixed in one day, not 3 weeks. Thomas keeps up a gentle pressure, tapping the now-moribund printer on the "color" word. He's quite reasonable; the other day, he said to me, "Get some money, get some ink!" Ahhh, if only it were that simple.

He started poking around inside the printer himself, and pulled out the toner drums. Then he tried putting them back, but got them in the wrong order, so the yellow one was stuck. I finally had to get some pliers to try to pry it out, and I managed to rip off the whole end of it, scattering yellow powder everywhere! (Hmmm, there was a lot of yellow powder in there, considering that the dial had been reading "empty" - the cheats. They just want us to buy more toner!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my HP printer driver puts up a message that my ink is low, I know I'm only going to be able to print another 50 or 60 pages. I'm sure HP has studies showing that their little "ink is low" message scam results in 13.6% of users changing the cartridge
immediately, thus raising their profits nicely.

9:06 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home