Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Bathrooms, contd.

Yesterday I went back to the store to pick out colours, fixtures, taps, etc. One thing we're going to get is drains put in the middle of the floor of each bathroom. Honestly, I don't know why that's not a standard feature in ALL bathrooms. We have it in the laundry room, it seems to me just common sense to have an "emergency" drain wherever you have water. Of course, we always have to worry about James blocking up the shower drain just for fun, so we need it more than most, but anyone can have a water disaster in a bathroom. Pipes can break, toilets can overflow - Dean knows someone who had the water shut off in his neighbourhood for a few hours, and went out, not realizing that the taps in his bathroom had been left full on. While he was out, the water came back on, and by the time he got home, the whole bathroom was flooded - made the ceiling fall in the room below!

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my copy of the estimate with me when I came home, so I told Dean to just call and have them fax or email him a copy today, so he could see everything itemized. When the email came through, at first he didn't realize what it was. This is what it looked like:
From: jeffrey@xxxxxxxx.com
Sent: January 9, 2008 9:58 AM
To: Dean
Subject: house reno

Dean here is what me and your wife did on tuesday tks jeffrey
And it was followed by an attachment entitled with my name! It took Dean a few moments to realize that this was in fact a reply to his inquiry, and not just some particularly insulting form of spam!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Alice said...

BWAHAHAHA!! That's too funny! Unfortunately, these days I can see why someone would assume it was just a rude message. Back in the paper-based era, it would have been a lot easier to figure out at first glance.

5:25 pm  
Blogger Kasia said...

ROFL!!!

That is TOO STINKIN' FUNNY!

I probably would've just deleted it, thinking it was rude spam...good thing Dean's more levelheaded than I am... :-p

12:01 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home