Thursday, December 27, 2007

Insane Jew Posse

I'm a fanatical pro-Israel Catholic Zionist, but then I read stories like this one and I feel like saying, "You know, guys, you're making it REALLY hard for us."
A research paper that won a Hebrew University teachers' committee prize finds that the lack of IDF rapes of Palestinian women is designed to serve a political purpose.

The abstract of the paper, authored by doctoral candidate Tal Nitzan, notes that the paper shows that "the lack of organized military rape is an alternate way of realizing [particular] political goals."

The next sentence delineates the particular goals that are realized in this manner: "In the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it can be seen that the lack of military rape merely strengthens the ethnic boundaries and clarifies the inter-ethnic differences - just as organized military rape would have done."

The paper further theorizes that Arab women in Judea and Samaria are not raped by IDF soldiers because the women are de-humanized in the soldiers' eyes.
Yes, that's the one constant you always find when you read the testimony of the women of Berlin who were there when the city fell to the Russians in 1945 - "Sure they gang-raped me, but I took it as a sign of their respect for me as a fellow human being. It was those polite Americans who were REALLY insulting."

(Hat tip: Chris Johnson at MCJ)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Ellie M said...

Dr Mab, there are self-loathing liberal Jews just as there are self-loathing liberal WASPs. And most of them are found in Academia. I wouldn't judge all Jews by their nutbar academics.

10:31 am  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

No, I'd never judge them all by their academics. It's just that you'd think that the peril of life in Israel would focus minds, wouldn't you? It's one thing for American of Canadian academics to indulge in idiot fantasies - they're safe and can pretty much do or say anything they want without any risk. But it amazes me that in Israel, even an academic isn't shocked into sense by the knowledge that every day, HE could be the one blown to bits by a bomb.

12:14 pm  
Anonymous ellie m said...

Liberals don't think that way. Wait, let me rephrase that: liberals don't think, PERIOD.

6:23 pm  
Blogger Justthisguy said...

Dang! That makes me want to bang my head on something, and I'm only slightly autistic!e

12:53 pm  
Blogger Justthisguy said...

Umm, I meant to write "autistic." I refuse to define "autisticle."

12:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home