Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Kids' artwork

You might like to see some of the artistic decor my kids have provided recently.

This impressive sculpture was created by James. It's actually pretty good - it's his version of Henry the Green Engine. He built it with my garden soil turner, a chair and a composting cone. (Fine motor skills are not his thing; he likes to build BIG trains.)

One of best things I got at the auctions this summer was a deepfreeze. I've wanted one for years, and it really makes a difference to grocery bills, as now we can buy things in bulk when they're on sale and have a place to store them. Well, James also has a personal interest in the deepfreeze, and yesterday I noticed that he'd adorned it with a little graffiti:

Thomas is no slouch in the decorating department, either. His favourite thing is to print out pictures and then tape them to the walls. The TV room is almost completely wallpapered in his "art". I took a bunch down in the hall to paint, but he makes more and puts them back. REcently, he's discovered Mondo Mini Shows (warning, bad language) on the computer, and this morning, Emma pointed out THIS series of frames carefully printed, cut out, and stuck to the inside of the front door:

Notice how beautifully symmetrical the spacing is! I called Thomas over, and asked, "What's this?" "Bum," he answered, pointing to his own, just so I wouldn't miss the meaning. "And who is this?"
"Howard Stern...HAHAHAHAHA!!!!" I hasten to add that none of us has EVER seen Howard Stern on TV or heard him on the radio, but this little cartoon version of him has made him a star in our house.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm..a deep freezer...are you sure he didn't mean to write "I SCREAM?" Just wondering.

9:40 pm  
Blogger Nicholodeon said...

Hi Doc
The arrangement of prints on the wall is intriguing, but it was only after I saw the close up that I recognised why 'Bum's the word'.

If you don't know what the picture is of, the blue ones like like superb abstracts.

7:40 pm  
Blogger Nicholodeon said...

make like like = look like

7:40 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home