Monday, September 03, 2007

It's coming! It's coming!

The Wrong Box is FINALLY coming to dvd! So far, just Region 2 (Europe), but eventually it should have a North American release. If you have a region-free dvd player, run, don't walk, to get this fantastic movie!

UPDATE: There are two clips from 'The Wrong Box' on YouTube. Not my favourites from the film, but the poster was a Peter Sellers fan, so these two scenes comprise his role as "the venal doctor", Dr. Pratt.

In this first one, Morris Finsbury (Peter Cook) seeks out Dr. Pratt to get a blank, signed death certificate:


The sequel:

"You'd never think there were two Pratts in one room, would you?"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hollywood Video has it listed, I'll call tomorrow to see if the store nearest my home has it in stock. Sounds good.

12:14 am  
Blogger Dr. Alice said...

I simply must rent this, and show it to my dad (a retired MD and fellow Peter Sellers fan) as well. I am sure he will laugh as much as I did. I've read about this film but never seen it.

2:19 am  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

Oh, I'm sure you'll like it! It's out on video (we have a copy - must be 15 years old at least) but I'm hoping the dvd will be crisp and clear, because our tape is starting to show its age.

There's also a lot of sardonic humour about doctors in general - Michael Caine's character is a very dim but sweet-natured medical student, who, as his grandfather puts it, has "an uncertain future as an idiot in a profession of rogues and charlatans."

12:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KITTIES!!! KITTIES!!! That's all I need.

11:55 pm  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

By the way, I'd never known for sure, but I'd always supposed that "12 grains of arsenic" in the blackcurrant jelly was A LOT. I looked it up, and Wikipedia says that 4.5 grains is a lethal dose, so Dr. Pratt was being VERY thorough in giving the customer enough arsenic to kill 3 people!

12:02 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home