Thursday, July 12, 2007

An old cartoon

Mark Steyn has been writing about the Conrad Black trial, which now seems to be stuck in endless jury deliberations over the verdict. Dean says he hopes Black is convicted, because he's a rich, arrogant bastard. I hope he's acquitted, because the whole thing sounds like a rigged case with the government buying testimony. I've always had a soft spot for Barbara Amiel too, and Steyn thinks highly of them, so I'm inclined to think that Black isn't the villain he's painted to be. But it's been a complicated case, and I can't say that I've followed it too closely.

Anyway, I remembered an old cartoon I'd saved in a scrapbook - maybe THIS is why the jury is taking so long!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mrs. Falstaff said...

I'm afraid I'm with your hubby on this one. I'm glad he was convicted because he seemed to think that because he is rich, the rules don't apply to him. I suppose he will have some time now to learn that the rules do, in fact, apply to him.

1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home