Monday, June 04, 2007

Anaheim at Ottawa, Game 4

Game 3 was a good one for Ottawa. I think they finally woke up and realized that it's HARD to win a Stanley Cup, and Anaheim wasn't going to just hand it to them. If they play like that tonight, then we may have a real series.

I dug out our Senators flag, which has been languishing at the bottom of a drawer since the Sens flamed out in 2003. We hung it on the front porch, making us the last people in Ottawa to hop on the bandwagon. James was studying the flag with great interest while I still had it in the kitchen. Finally I said to him, "What's that?" figuring he'd know the word "flag", and even if he didn't, he'd say something like "red" - when he doesn't know a word, he falls back on its colour as a way of describing it. Instead, he thought a moment, then said "GO!! GO!!" I'm guessing there are some Sens fans among his teachers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Christopher Johnson said...

Sorry about tonight. But you got there. My Blues haven't seen a Cup final since 1970 and that was only because the NHL put all the expansion teams in one division. Since then, we haven't had a sniff at it.

11:06 pm  
Blogger Kasia said...

My condolences to you and the Senators. But getting to the finals is still pretty good - just ask the Tigers.

3:26 pm  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

Thanks, guys. I'm not as upset about it as some people in town. It's pretty good to get to the finals, when you consider that the team is only about 15 years old. I come from Vancouver, and we've NEVER won the cup - that's disappointing.

6:01 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home