Monday, April 16, 2007

Room with a view


The room was James's, and THIS was the view that greeted our eyes this morning! Over 10cm of snow, and it's wet and slippery as can be - Dean said it took him an hour and 40 minutes to get to work this morning.


Can't blame this one on the usual "cold front sweeping down from Canada", as this came UP from the U.S., and I hear the East Coast is getting it bad. And naturally, whether it's 10 degrees below normal and snowing as it is right now, or "the middle of a heat wave in August Bank Holiday" as Scrooge put it, it's all because of Global Warming.

4 Comments:

Anonymous ellie m said...

Confound that Global Warming!!

11:44 am  
Blogger Kasia said...

Someone tried to tell me that the extra moisture for global warming is the reason for all our extra snow. That is, the ice caps are melting, so there's all this extra moisture in the atmosphere...

My response: "Perhaps, but if the planet really is warming, shouldn't the precipitation be manifesting itself as rain, not snow?"

Enjoy your global warming trend!

1:57 pm  
Anonymous WannabeAnglican said...

Yes, it's Global Warming.

The debate is over, don'tcha know.

(I've been putting on extra blankets at night . . . and I live in South Texas!)

9:48 pm  
Anonymous Mrs. Falstaff said...

The world does go through warm and cold cycles. I fully believe that the weather is getting weirder and weirder. I remember my childhood in Montreal, and the winters have changed. I just don't think that the causes are as cut and dried as the media would have us believe, that's all.

3:23 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home