Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Where's that global warming?

Today we are enduring the coldest day of the entire winter! It was -26C when we got up this morning, and the windchill actually hit that magical number of -40C, which as every Canadian knows, is the point at which Farenheit and Celsius coincide. So it's -40 no matter which way you count it. This Saturday it's supposed to reach +4C with rain, but for the remainder of the week, winter is going to be throttling us with its cold, scaly hands. I think I'll do a lot of ironing today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

In Alberta, unfortunately. As a cold-weather fan - swap you?

1:09 pm  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

What, you don't like +10 degree temperatures? I spent my early childhood in Edmonton, and there's one other problem with living there now, apart from the cold: I don't think I could take the long, long darkness of the winter days anymore. I remember leaving for school in the dark and coming home in the dark - I think I'd go crazy in that environment now. I used to scoff at snowbirds, but as I get older, I'm starting to appreciate the lures of a warmer climate in the winter.

3:24 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home