Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Renaissance Guy

I am talking about Jon C. Mirsalis. He has my vote for the most original combination of accomplishments.

I know him from his music; he's written and performed scores to accompany several silent movies, among them The Phantom of the Opera (the 1925 original version), and my favorite, Fritz Lang's Woman in the Moon. The music for this is so nice, I've just copied it to play by itself. He's done some others that I have yet to collect, including two Zorro movies, but I'll get them eventually.

What is so unusual about this guy is his regular job: "By day his alter-ego is Jon C. Mirsalis, Ph.D., D.A.B.T., holder of Ph.D. degrees in genetics and toxicology and Director of the Toxicology Laboratory at SRI International." That's quite a combination of interests!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home