Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Oooh, it's just so...Greco-Roman!

My friend Nasty, Brutish and Short has hit a double header - two posts in a row that made me laugh out loud. The first is about a unique gym in (where else?) the Netherlands that's promoting Naked Sundays. Funny, it didn't attract any women on the first day.

The second is one that I call "I'd Have Killed Him", concerning the absolutely ridiculous rigmarole one couple went through to get engaged.. And yes, as a matter of fact, Dean DID hand me an engagement ring over dinner in a restaurant, and I'm-a glad! As C.S. Lewis said, the great advantage of accepted ritual is that you don't have to exhaust and make a spectacle of yourself trying to be original. Now maybe Gayle will feel she has to top him when it comes to planning the wedding, and he'll have to chase her across the Atlantic in a yacht so that they can be married during a lunar eclipse while going round the Cape of Good Hope.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nasty, Brutish & Short said...

Thanks much! The Kraalspace has been great lately too.

9:57 am  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

Are your comments working, NBS? I tried to comment on one of these yesterday and just kept getting some sort of error screen.

10:07 am  
Blogger Nasty, Brutish & Short said...

I don't know. Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't had time to tend to them. I get a ton of spam. Most of it is filtered out automatically, but I still get several hunded per week that make it through. I haven't gone through and deleted them all in days, so maybe the system is off.

10:59 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home