Saturday, March 03, 2007

After the snowstorm

Well, Dean FINALLY made it home, at 1:30 this morning! He was lucky to have gotten back that early, lots of other people travelling the same route were delayed yet another day. He couldn't make it through Chicago or Toronto, so eventually he ended up going to Philadelphia, then up to Montreal (on a plane with a broken, smelly toilet!) and then to Ottawa. And people wonder why I never want to fly again.

Emma was describing the week's adventures to him, and I could hear her while I was upstairs getting dressed. She said that she took Yin to her room during one incident when James was being particularly stormy, and then she said, "I heard James tantruming, and then I heard Mom tantruming..." Well! I wasn't going to let that pass unchallenged, so I stumped downstairs to the kitchen.

"Did I hear you say that you heard MOM tantruming?? Well, let me inform you, that *I* do not tantrum! I have perfectly reasonable reactions to intolerable provocations!!" By this time, Emma was laughing so hard there were tears in her eyes.

"I said, I heard James tantruming, and then I heard TOM tantruming! Just short for Thomas!"

"Oh. Well. Never mind then."

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicholodeon said...

Have not been 'Kraaling' through your space all that long...I really enjoy it...so I haven't any idea who Yin is...please update this avid reader.

10:59 am  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

Ah, sorry - Yin is our new puppy. She's a cross between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a miniature poodle, and we got her just a week before Christmas. Emma named her - she's all black with a little bit of white. The Yin/Yang symbol, get it? All black with a white spot.

1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home