Friday, February 02, 2007

London Wedding Show


I couldn't find this article online, so I had to scan it. This purports to tell us about the trends in wedding finery for the coming year. Apparently quiet good taste is out, and flamboyant is in. One future bride was quote as saying, "I am not looking for something traditional, I want something really different and really extravagant, something extraordinary."

Also, people are less interested in church weddings than they used to be, especially since a lot of marriages are not first-time-arounds. I could make a snarky remark about the pathetic quote from the CoE booth manager, when asked how this will be affecting them:
"We do have some of the best locations, with some of the most gorgeous buildings..." she said.
But instead, I'll just close with something that I'm sure NOBODY could find controversial: THAT is one tacky wedding gown.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kasia said...

I never thought I'd read the phrase "unicorn-inspired headpiece" anywhere...

1:45 pm  
Blogger Ellie M said...

Umm... I assume that's NOT a reference to virginity...

8:55 pm  
Blogger Nasty, Brutish & Short said...

There used to be a wonderful website out there devoted to horrible wedding dresses, but now I can't find it. Used to have the missuz and I in hysterics when we were planning our wedding. The author had some wonderful post headlines, like "I call this one, "why buy the cow?" I wish I could find it again, it was quite entertaining, and I think you'd have loved it.

10:37 pm  
Blogger Dr. Alice said...

I pity the groom who tries to kiss that bride. He'll put an eye out for sure.

12:15 am  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

dr. alice: I thought the same thing; I hope she wasn't planning to "surprise" him with the outfit as she walked down the aisle. It seems to me that kissing in that getup would require a bit of rehearsing.

NBS: If you ever find it, do let us know! My wedding gown researches were pretty perfunctory, 20 years ago, and they ended once I found the one I wanted, but I still remember the bizarre creations I saw in wedding magazines at the time. The "spacegirl" one, wearing a sort of transparent round diver's helmet, particularly sticks in my memory.

10:45 am  
Blogger cheyan said...

http://www.goingbridal.com/etc/index.shtml

The first google link for "horrible wedding dresses".

I had the hardest time last November finding a wedding dress (I'm getting married in July) that had sleeves and wasn't low-cut.

5:46 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home