Friday, January 05, 2007

Movie meme

Thanks to The Clam Rampant, who tagged me for TWO memes today! Here's the first one:

Favorite movie - Hmmm, this is a tough one. I think "Spies" by Fritz Lang (1928). I guess I should say "Metropolis", because it's a bigger, grander film, but "Spies" always draws me in, and I think I enjoy it more.

Favorite movie with a religious theme - "Quo Vadis" (1951) - it's just so spectacular and the characters are so strong.

Favorite movie priest - Rex Harrison as Pope Julius II in "The Agony and the Ecstasy" (1965). I also like Charlton Heston as Cardinal Richelieu in "The Three Musketeers" (1973), but Harrison's role shows a greater range.

Favorite movie nun - Mother Superior in "The Sound of Music". She was just so strong and calm; not one of these neurotic nuns that are so typical in the movies.

I'll tag Nasty, Brutish and Short for this one.


Now, for the second one (for Catholics only!):

Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus = "Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and bring all souls to heaven, especially those who are most in need of thy mercy."

Favorite Marian devotion or prayer - The rosary

Do you wear a scapular or medal? - Actually, I have a number of medals, but the one I wear all the time is a medal of St. Anne, the patron saint of (among others) mothers, grandmothers, housewives, lace makers, embroideresses, seamstresses, and old-clothes dealers.

Do you have holy water in your home? - No, the kids would probably dump it out.

Do you "offer up" your sufferings? - Sometimes, when I remember to. Lots of times, I just get mad, though.

Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays? - No, but I will one of these days.

Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? - I've been once.

Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or a Sunday morning Mass person? - I used to go early on Sundays, but I've switched to Saturday evenings.

Do you say prayers at mealtimes? - No, I'm afraid not.

Favorite saints - St. Anne, St. Michael the Archangel, St. Martha, Saint Pius X

Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart? - Yup. The Nicene Creed, too.

Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day? - Not usually, but I do say the Rosary whenever I get a chance, even if it's just a decade.

Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved? I do, in a vague way, but I don't know any particular prayers for such an occasion.

Added Bonus Question: Have you named your Guardian Angel? - They never mentioned that in RCIA!

1 Comments:

Blogger Min O'Pause said...

"Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and bring all souls to heaven, especially those who are most in need of thy mercy."

Talk about 'Braxton's Lear'...I somehow hear Wagner's "Parsifal" playing in the background, while you recite the above, descending in your angel costume, while the poor stagehands almost bust a gut lowering you.

When do you think you'll go back to writing the posts you really wish to write?

Just curious.

I think Schori just made some new comments for you to rip. Or shall we play "What's your favorite color?" games next, as a diversion?

10:42 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home