Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas bakeathon

The great rush of Christmas baking has hit our house! Yesterday I made TWELVE DOZEN tarts! Six dozen butter tarts, and six dozen mince tarts. Half went into the freezer, and we gave some away already, but that still leaves a lot. I was going to make shortbread today, but discovered that James had disposed of my cornstarch, so that will have to wait - probably just as well, since we already have so much other stuff. Of course, we'll be having the smallest Christmas pudding for dessert tomorrow night; I just have to look up a good brandy sauce to go with it.

I also found blood oranges at the store yesterday, so I know what I'll be doing this coming week - making marmalade. Unfortunately, they don't have mottled red skins - they just look like ordinary oranges, so I won't be able to make that cool effect of light orange gel with dark red peel suspended in it. I guess I'll be making dark red marmalade instead, but it should still be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home