Friday, July 14, 2006

It worked!

The jelly GELLED! Waiting a week did the trick. And it's a nice jelly, too - soft and delicate, not hard like rubber. (Auntie says that nothing can rescue jelly that's over-gelled.) It might harden up a little more over the coming weeks, but I'm very pleased; the first jelly experiment was a success!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christ Church WOC said...

I'm enjoying your blog. I read about it on Chris Johnson's blog.
Congratulations on your jelly. I learned to enjoy currants when we lived in England. I like to baste poultry with currant jelly, lemon, cloves, butter, and port.
I'm writing here under our women's group name, since we have a blog here. I tried to get some interest in it last year, but I seem to be the only member interested in computer communication.
I just wanted to encourage your writing. You have a real talent. I hope you will continue to amuse and enlighten us.
Thanks
Priscilla

4:05 pm  
Blogger Dr. Mabuse said...

Thanks very much! I started the blog thinking that at least it might serve as a garden diary, so I can keep track of what I've planted and how it's doing - paper records just don't last in our house. But I'm delighted that other people are reading it and enjoying it!

6:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home